These sugar-free bars are rich, chocolatey and easy to make.
- 2 cup packed pitted dates (25-30 dates)
- 3/4 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 4 T unsweetened dark cocoa powder
- 3 T chia seeds
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and puree.
- The mixture will include small bits of almonds that are great for texture.
- Press the date mixture into a 9 x 13 pan and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cut into bars and store in snack sized baggies in the freezer for future chocolate “fixes”.
Serving size: 1 ½ x 2” square Nutritional value: Calories: 130 Fats: 8 Carbohydrates: 15 g 4.5 g fiber 10 g sugar Protein: 3 g