These muffins are a perfect afternoon pick-me-up. Gluten-free, dairy-free, and protein-rich, this snack will satisfy your hunger without the refined sugar and and high fat content of regular muffins.
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans organic black beans, drained and rinsed
- 6 eggs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or melted coconut oil
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup agave nectar or honey
- Optional: ¼ cup cacoa nibs or crushed nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Combine black beans, eggs, oil, cocoa powder, vanilla and honey in a blender. Puree.
- Spray or wipe oil into the cups of a 12 count muffin pan. Pour batter into each muffin hole.
- Optional: sprinkle with cacoa nibs or nuts
- Bake for 25 minutes
- Allow muffins to cool in the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack.
Serving size: 1 muffin Calories - 89 Carbohydrates - 11 g Fat - 3.5 g Protein - 3.9 g